A great opportunity awaits. Are you our next employee?
Documill is looking for a new team member to contribute to the development of Documill’s search offerings, and to ensure our customer-focused search deployments perform as expected. We currently have one (1) full-time open position for search tech-savvy, customer-driven, solution oriented Search Engineer in our Espoo HQ.
This position requires in-depth technical understanding of open source core search solutions (Lucene, Solr, ElasticSearch) and eagerness to learn new things in the field of information search. We also appreciate good problem solving skills coupled with solid communication skills and eagerness to understand customer specific challenges.
We are looking for a person who gets his/her motivation from the possibilities search-as-a-service approach, wants to embrace the opportunity fast-growing Salesforce platform represents, and seeks to contribute long term software development at Documill.
Ideally, suitable candidate has prior work experience with some of the above-mentioned core search solutions, sufficient technical background to learn “all there is to be learned in search” and passion to go neck deep into new challenges!
As an employer Documill offers flexible working hours and better-than-average work benefits package – and in return we expect our people to produce top-notch results.
As Search Engineer, your duties will include:
– Participate in design and development of Documill’s search offerings.
– Leverage your in-depth knowledge of open source search solutions to improve how those are used at Documill. Further develop the way our systems interact with various content repositories in the cloud, as well as on-prem.
– Carry out client deployments by examining customer requirements and specifications, and then map our solutions to meet those requirements.
– Leverage in-depth knowledge of open source core search solutions to provide world class customizable search solutions to Documill’s customers.
Suitable candidate should have:
– A MSc degree in Computer Science or Information Technology is preferred, but other educational backgrounds coupled with previous working experience with search technologies may be considered as well.
– A strong programming background with Java as the primary language.
– Working experience with at least one of these open search core offerings: Lucene, Solr, ElasticSearch
– Experiences in search solution development including configuration and customization of open source search solutions
– Understanding of search algorithms and data structures, as well as search-related performance bottlenecks
– Proficient written and verbal communication skills in English and Finnish
– Proven analysis, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
– Strong sense of ownership of assigned technical tasks, and desire to solve them either as a standalone contributor or as a member of the larger development team
– Experience with iterative Agile methodologies and use of supporting tools like JIRA, Confluence and Git
…and prior experience with the fastest growing customer success driven platform, Salesforce, would be great, too!