The riskiest part in the sales of complex solutions – say machinery, telecom infrastructure or business software platforms – is when the parties lay down the details and conditions of the deal. This begins already when the buyer issues a request for a proposal and ends only when the delivery contract is signed. The trend towards working remotely poses another set of challenges to overcome. Negotiations happen online, over remote connections, by sending over and over documents where the conditions are stated, to be revised by the negotiating parties time and again.
What can easily follow is a mess of lost versions, delayed deadlines and stalled approval chains. After all, there is often a team of professionals working on either side: a sales representative, legal expert, customer success manager and so forth. Speaking about the proverbial cooks and the broth…
From internal to customer-focused process, from own vision to shared success
Mind you, it is increasingly the sales team who call the shots in such a process, no longer so much the legal experts. Yet, the sales tools have been lacking so far especially in terms of planning and documenting the details of a delivery across companies, even internal teams.
To change this, Documill has launched a solution called Documill Leap. Available as an app for Salesforce users, it adds speed, control and clarity to the sales and buying processes with powerful, collaborative content editing and project management capabilities.
In office technology, internal and external collaboration are the words for the day, as businesses get more tightly networked. Outlining and pursuing shared targets between companies is becoming a priority, aside of companies’ own strategies. This is the wider context that Documill Leap taps into.
Requirements for sales document production: flexible collaboration and robust workflows
As today’s business is more and more about chasing mutual success between companies, Documill Leap brings speed, control, clarity and accuracy to collaborative sales with:
- Pre-definable workflows. A firm running order is needed so every negotiator on either side can add their edits at the right moment. Flexible, easy-to-set workflows enable this.
- Automated reminders for each task keep the workflow running smoothly.
- Real-time collaboration and redlining. Your sales representative might need to edit the project content and your counterparty’s lawyer do the same. Yet on both sides, a delivery manager might need to tweak the very same section, all at the same time. Real-time collaboration makes this all possible without losing one edit or comment.
- Selective commenting. You want to make some comments to the other party, but keep others just to your own team? Documill Leap makes this possible.
- Multi-party approvals. It is important that the approvals for any edits can be flexibly allocated to parties across organizations.
- Integrated e-signing ensures quick closing of the contract.
“Internal and external collaboration are the words for the day for modern businesses. Our mission is to put things right for laying down the details and conditions for the collaboration by means of cutting-edge collaboration technology.”
– Terho Laakso, CTO, Documill
“Keeping contract negotiations smooth and controlled is paramount to businesses. We found that our in-house innovations in collaboration technology could help a lot with them. Here is our solution: Documill Leap.”
– Mika Könnölä, CEO, Documill