- Why is the user experience provided by Documill Discovery so much better than traditional search with text summaries?
- Where and how can our users access Documill Discovery?
- Which document formats are supported by Documill Discovery?
- What are the key capabilities offered by Documill Discovery?
- What kind of software users need in order to use Documill Discovery?
- Why could the improvement in search be so important for my company?
Documill Discovery FAQ
Question: Why is the user experience provided by Documill Discovery so much better than traditional search with text summaries?
Answer: In order to deliver promised ROI, the existence of search solution within an organization is not enough. Search solution needs to be integrated with all relevant content repositories, it needs to be easy to use, provide meaningful results fast and ensure that users can and will rely on it for their information discovery needs. Failure in any of the listed areas will effectively kill the promise of search, and be a sure disappointment to the end users.Documill Discovery really focuses on serving the end user with the user experience that user like, and can rely on. For example, this kind of capabilities really elevate the experience to a new level: A search result list with tangible pictures of the matching document pages is light-years ahead of typical text-based result lists without them. Visual previews, aka. pictures of the paged content, speak volumes and translate information into the format that human brains are best equipped to handle compared to plain text. Ability to immediately visually verify your findings is the easiest way to verify the relevancy of search results. As we all know, accurate result relevancy verification often requires visual screening of the document. This is due to the fact that human ability to recognize key items, familiar graphs, content topologies and layouts is far superior to reading massive volumes of short contextual summaries of text when sorting out what is relevant and what is not. Finally, as often a significant part of enterprise content is actually multi-page documents, the novel approach offered by Documill Discovery helps us to tackle often cumbersome task of finding relevant content jewels hidden inside those Microsoft Office, RTF and PDF documents!
Question: Where and how can our users access Documill Discovery?
Answer: Documill Discovery comes with a customizable HTML-based user interface. This user interface can be used as such, or customized according to the graphical guidelines and design of the application/service embedding Documill Discovery.Alternatively, Documill Discovery services are available via well-defined set of REST APIs. These APIs can be used thru various different UIs, effectively exposing Documill Discovery functionality with completely customized look & feel. Documill Discovery has been designed to complement existing portals, document management systems and repositories. It can easily be integrated with existing solutions, be those traditional enterprise on-premises solutions or cloud services. Once Documill Discovery is integrated, it takes care of the content indexing and search query completion, as well as provides the complete search experience with content previews and page-level search results.
Question: Which document formats are supported by Documill Discovery?
Answer: Documill Discovery support for different content types and formats can be divided into two categories; those formats which can be indexed and visually previewed, and those formats which can be indexed but lack the possibility of visual previewing.Visual previewing capability focuses on supporting the most important multi-page documents used by enterprises and other organizations today. So, if you want to enhance discovery experience of multi-page documents, Documill Discovery allows you to do it with these formats:
- Microsoft Powerpoint; version 95 upwards
- Microsoft Word; version 6.0 upwards
- Microsoft Excel; version 95 upwards
- Adobe PDF; up to version 1.6
- various image formats like GIF, PNG, JPG, TIFF, BMP etc.
Question: What are the key capabilities offered by Documill Discovery?
Answer: End-users will benefit from the following capabilities of Documill Discovery:
- Efficient content discovery experience: single search query which covers all the connected sources
- Powerful filters to drilldown into meaningful set of results
- Page-level insight into documents such as MSOffice, PDF and RTF files
- Highly actionable results with accurate previews
- Keyword highlights on previewed pages
- Efficient content previewing capabilities with intra-document search
- Content re-usability thru the ability to selectively pick certain pages from different documents, and create a new document including only these selected pages.
- Comprehensive coverage; Universal search from file shares, web pages, CMS, ECMs, databases, cloud services etc.
- Effortless maintenance and provisioning; Pure browser-based solution without any additional plug-in requirements
- Secure; Enforcement of complex access right models as defined by the source systems
- Mobile ready, supporting field workers; Preview content using any browser-enabled device such as smart phones and tables.
Question: What kind of software users need in order to use Documill Discovery?
Question: Why could the improvement in search be so important for my company?
Answer: Analyst companies like IDC and Butler Group have estimated that Information Workers spend 9-10 hours a week looking for information. Next to company employees, information is organization’s most valuable asset. A good search experience is component enabling getting the right information to the right people at the right time. It simply defines how quickly a company can respond to emerging opportunities and competitive threats.An average corporate citizen spends 12 hours per week looking for information – that is up to 30% of effective work time. 60% of the employees say that search into corporate content repositories needs improvement. They simply can not find what they are looking for – or they find it, but not fast enough. People waste 3.5 hours each week on searches which don’t turn up the right information. The amount of data users have to deal with has been continuously increasing past 20 years. Today, in a typical enterprise environment, it means relevant content gets stored in multiple different systems and services, each maybe having its own dedicated search, or not even that. During past five year, in an increasing rate, enterprises have started using cloud-based content repositories and other systems. All these different systems are like silos, with no common way to find nor access content stored in them. Documill Discovery is designed to act as a tool to have one efficient way into these isolated content silos, eg. act as an integration layer between distributed content assets and the users.
Documill Dynamo FAQ
Question: What are the business benefits of using Documill Dynamo?
Answer: Documill Dynamo helps businesses to shorten the sales cycle by reducing the time spent on documents. It also reduces costs associated with manual errors and having to spend time reworking on materials. Productivity is also increased by releasing time and focus on other important activities. Documill Dynamo also mitigates business/compliance risk by streamlining approval processes and contract management.
Question: What are the key capabilities offered by Documill Dynamo?
Answer: The key capabilities are the ability to generate complex documents (HTML, PDF) with dynamic contents, store and share documents as email, Salesforce attachments or as Salesforce files, customize or automate document actions and allow others to edit, accept or reject documents with pre-defined editable and locked sections.
Question: What are the data sources supported by Documill Dynamo?
Answer: The data source for Documill Dynamo Standard is Salesforce. XML, JSON and Excel are optional for Documill Dynamo Custom.